Anti-collision system and its variants
Anti-collision systems are employed in transportation industries especially in large industries such as steel to prevent the collision of vehicles such as cranes, forklifts, trucks, traversers, etc. These systems are able to calculate the distance of the moving machine with the obstacles ahead and alert in short distances, so that they can be used to prevent the collision of transportation equipments. In fact, an anti-collision system compensates for driver error by directly reducing the speed of the system operation or alerting the driver for the short distance.
Different technologies have been developed so far to calculate the distance of an object. Some of them are as follows:
· Distance estimation using reflection of sound waves (ULTRASONIC)
· Accurate laser calculation
· Distance estimation using power of telecommunication signals
· Range estimation using reflection of electromagnetic waves (RADAR)
· Accurate estimation of distance, type and shape of objects using high frequency radars (RADAR K-BAND)
Each of the above methods has some advantages and disadvantages that should be analyzed in polluted and harsh industrial environments.
· Ultrasonic systems can operate appropriately within a maximum range of 8 meters and fail in noisy environments.
· Telecommunication systems and frequency radars operates successfully in industrial polluted conditions, but they are usually able to detect the danger range and does not represent precise measure.
· High-frequency radar systems utilize the latest wave generation technology in the K-BAND frequency. They are able to accurately detect the distance and even the shape of a distant obstacle; therefore, they can filter fine particles and liquid molecules and measure the relative reflection time of a defined object.
Distance meter and anti-collision radar system with adjustable distances, Model ACZ1294-VER3
This system is fully designed and manufactured by engineers and specialists of Azhmansanat Company. It is able to detect obstacles within 50 meters with good precision and react to them at adjustable levels. This reaction is applied by two open and closed relays to the crane steering system or to the moving equipment. In the first step the system’s movement slows down and in the next step the system stops completely. In case the distance of the obstacle increases again, the system will reset automatically after considering a hysteresis interval. The distance between the surfaces can be determined easily by the anti- collision device’s setting.
It should be mentioned that this anti-collision system has been filtered so that the greater the distance, the larger objects are considered as obstacle by the system. For example, at a distance of 30 meters, only a large object, like a crane, can be detected and smaller objects, like humans, are filtered; but in near range, an iron cap may also detected as an obstacle. Accordingly, the position and location of this anti-collision system are of particular importance. The specifications of this system, its installation method, and its performance are presented in the following.
Table of specifications of anti-collision system, Model ACZ1294-VER3
Overall dimensions of the device: